Honour killing in TN? Girl's lover murdered
Relatives of a girl, who eloped with her lover after she was forced to marry against her wishes, murdered the man.
Chennai: In yet another suspected honour killing, relatives of a girl, who eloped with her lover after she was forced to marry against her wishes, murdered the man besides seriously injuring the girl in Tamil Nadu's Sivaganga district on Tuesday.
Police sources said 18-year-old Menaka was married to Kalidoss, much against her wishes a month ago. She was reported missing for the past one week and her parents and relatives came to know that she was living with her lover Sivakumar near a village near Manamadurai town.
Both were cajoled by the parents and brought back to Sivaganga where Sivakumar was murdered, police said. Menaka, who was grievously injured in the attack by her relatives, was admitted to government hospital at Madurai where her condition was stated to be serious, they said.
Police denied it was a "honour killing" as both the girl and boy belonged to the same Ahamudiar community (a backward community) but the parents did not like the boy and hence he was murdered. A hunt is on for the girl's parents and relatives, police said.
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- This Little Feature in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Proves How Much Apple Cares About its Users
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP