DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Hooch kingpin Khonara Badsha surrenders
prime accused in West Bengal's worst ever hooch tragedy that claimed 172 lives
Diamond Harbour: Noor Islam Fakir alias Khonra Badsha, the prime accused in West Bengal's worst ever hooch tragedy that claimed 172 lives, on Monday surrendered before a court, police said.
Hunted by the CID for about a month after the incident at Sangrampur in South 24-Parganas district on December 13, Khonra Badsha (48) surrendered before the sub-divisional court this morning.
Earlier on December 24, CID sleuths arrested the prime accused's first wife Sakeela Bibi and their close associates Bakreswar Mondal alias Bakkar and Chhotu from Bidyadharpara in Canning area of the same district.
Khonra Badsha's second wife Angoora Bibi, also an accused, is still absconding.
The victims of the hooch tragedy were mostly masons, small farmers, labourers and hawkers.
They started throwing up and collapsing after they consumed the illicit liquor from its dens near Sangrampur Railway Station.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise