WB: Hooch kingpin Khonara Badsha surrenders
prime accused in West Bengal's worst ever hooch tragedy that claimed 172 lives
Diamond Harbour: Noor Islam Fakir alias Khonra Badsha, the prime accused in West Bengal's worst ever hooch tragedy that claimed 172 lives, on Monday surrendered before a court, police said.
Hunted by the CID for about a month after the incident at Sangrampur in South 24-Parganas district on December 13, Khonra Badsha (48) surrendered before the sub-divisional court this morning.
Earlier on December 24, CID sleuths arrested the prime accused's first wife Sakeela Bibi and their close associates Bakreswar Mondal alias Bakkar and Chhotu from Bidyadharpara in Canning area of the same district.
Khonra Badsha's second wife Angoora Bibi, also an accused, is still absconding.
The victims of the hooch tragedy were mostly masons, small farmers, labourers and hawkers.
They started throwing up and collapsing after they consumed the illicit liquor from its dens near Sangrampur Railway Station.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion