Hope Sanjay Dutt gets relief: Rajkumar Gupta
Rajkumar Gupta, who has teamed up with Sanjay Dutt for film 'Ghanchakkar' says he hopes the actor gets
Mumbai: Director Rajkumar Gupta, who has teamed up with Sanjay Dutt for his upcoming film 'Ghanchakkar' says he hopes the actor gets relief.
"He is the nicest human being. He is a very generous and helpful person, besides being a good actor. We just hope he gets relief from authorities," Gupta told PTI.
On March 21, the Supreme Court upheld his conviction in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case, giving him a prison term of five-years. The actor has another three weeks to surrender, during which he has to wrap up most of his the
Sanjay would spent three-and-a-half-months in jail since he has already spent 18 months behind the bars.
Sanjay is working with Gupta and Emraan Hashmi for the first time but he has teamed up with Vidya Balan earlier in films like 'Parineeti', 'Eklavya' and 'Lage Raho Munnabhai'.
It was reported that Vidya apparently intervened and convinced Dutt to give his nod for the film. "He is playing himself in the film. It is a cameo. We are not keen on revealing much about his part in the film," Gupta said.
'Ghanchakkar' narrates the tale of Emraan, an ex-conman, who is laid back and has a taste for finer things in life. He has an ambitious wife, the role played by Vidya, who has her own notions of the world.
Produced by UTV motions Pictures, the film releases on June 21.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game