DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hot air balloon crashes in Egypt, kills 19 foreigners
There was a fire and an explosion and then the balloon plunged from the sky and crashed into sugar cane fields.
Luxor (Egypt): An Egyptian security official said at least 19 foreign tourists were killed as their hot air balloon crashed near the famed ancient city of Luxor. The casualties included French, British and other nationals.
The official said there was a fire and an explosion and that the balloon then plunged from the sky and crashed into sugar cane fields west of Luxor on Tuesday. Luxor is 510 kilometers (320 miles) south of Cairo.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to talk to the media. An Associated Press reporter at the crash site said he counted eight bodies as they were put into body bags and taken away.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan