Hot air balloon crashes in Egypt, kills 19 foreigners
There was a fire and an explosion and then the balloon plunged from the sky and crashed into sugar cane fields.
Luxor (Egypt): An Egyptian security official said at least 19 foreign tourists were killed as their hot air balloon crashed near the famed ancient city of Luxor. The casualties included French, British and other nationals.
The official said there was a fire and an explosion and that the balloon then plunged from the sky and crashed into sugar cane fields west of Luxor on Tuesday. Luxor is 510 kilometers (320 miles) south of Cairo.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to talk to the media. An Associated Press reporter at the crash site said he counted eight bodies as they were put into body bags and taken away.
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter