How to play: Star Trek - The Original Series doodle
Unlike the playable Olympics doodles, the are no points to earn in the 'Star Trek: The Original Series' doodle.
New Delhi: Google takes us on a journey to where "no man has gone before" with an interactive doodle to celebrate the 46th anniversary of Star Trek: The Original Series.
The Star Trek: The Original Series doodle is the first interactive Google doodle since the football doodle that Google posted during the London Olympics in August. But unlike the playable Olympics doodles, the are no points to earn in the Star Trek doodle.
The letters of the Google logo represent different characters from the cult television series that aired on NBC in the US from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969.
The letter 'G' in the Google logo is Mr Spock, perhaps the most memorable character from the series. The first 'O' plays the character of Nyota Uhura and the second 'O' that of James T Kirk, the commanding officer of the USS Enterprise. The letter 'L' seems to resemble Hikaru Sulu.
The doodle opens in the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. Clicking on the first 'O' (Nyota Uhura) gives us her closeup. On clicking on the red door to the right the second 'O' and the 'E' move to the transporter room. Inside the transporter room, clicking on the 'E' makes it weep and clicking on the transporter machine zaps the two to the unfriendly environment of an hostile planet where they encounter a threatening alien.
Clicking on the tree stump gives an ineffective weapon to take on the alien, a twig. A contraption up there on the rocks is more effective, even though it leaves the 'E' in a gooey mess. Mission over, everyone back in the USS Enterprise's bridge, though 'E' arrives a little late.
The doodle ends in classic Star Trek style with the USS Enterprise zipping past in the backdrop of stars and the Google letters appear in yellow. The iconic instrumental Theme from Star Trek by Alexander Courage continuously plays in the background.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18