HP: Mahatma Gandhi statue desecrated in Shimla
A garland made of empty bottles was found around the neck of the statue, Shimla SP Chander Shekhar Pandit said.
Shimla: Miscreants on Tuesday desecrated a statue of Mahatma Gandhi at the Ridge in Shimla on his birth anniversary. A garland made of empty bottles was found around the neck of the statue, Shimla SP Chander Shekhar Pandit said.
A case under Section 295A (insult to religious feelings) has been filed based on the complaint by Deputy Commissioner Arun Kumar, he said.
"It is a serious matter and we have started probe and the culprits would be brought to the book," Pandit said.
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test