HP: Teacher gets 8 years jail for raping minor girl
Victim had stopped going to school and narrated the whole story to parents. Parents immediately lodged a complaint and a case of rape was registered.
Hamirpur: A local court on Friday sentenced a school teacher to eight years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 in a rape case committed in March 2012. A class VIII student of the Government School, Kiyarabagh in Hamirpur district had lodged a complaint in Badsar police on June 2, 2012, that a teacher had raped her on March 24 and was repeatedly harassing her.
The victim had stopped going to school and narrated the whole story to her parents. The girl's parents immediately lodged a complaint and a case of rape was registered. District Attorney JC Rana said, after deposition of 21 witnesses in the case, the accused teacher Manoj Kumar was held guilty of the crime and sentenced to eight years imprisonment.
Meanwhile, Hamirpur police today arrested four youths of Batwara village in the district for allegedly outraging the modesty of a girl travelling in a bus. The girl, hailing from Khaggal village, was on her way from Masyana to Khaggal when the accused identified as Sintu, Raju, Ajay and Deepak, tried to molest her. Hamirpur District Police chief Jagat Ram said, the accused have been arrested and a case under sections 354, 506, 34 of Indian Penal Code have been registered against them.
According to the girl's statement, when she resisted, all four threatened to kill her. Further investigation into the case was in progress, police said.
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul