HP: Teacher gets 8 years jail for raping minor girl
Victim had stopped going to school and narrated the whole story to parents. Parents immediately lodged a complaint and a case of rape was registered.
Hamirpur: A local court on Friday sentenced a school teacher to eight years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 in a rape case committed in March 2012. A class VIII student of the Government School, Kiyarabagh in Hamirpur district had lodged a complaint in Badsar police on June 2, 2012, that a teacher had raped her on March 24 and was repeatedly harassing her.
The victim had stopped going to school and narrated the whole story to her parents. The girl's parents immediately lodged a complaint and a case of rape was registered. District Attorney JC Rana said, after deposition of 21 witnesses in the case, the accused teacher Manoj Kumar was held guilty of the crime and sentenced to eight years imprisonment.
Meanwhile, Hamirpur police today arrested four youths of Batwara village in the district for allegedly outraging the modesty of a girl travelling in a bus. The girl, hailing from Khaggal village, was on her way from Masyana to Khaggal when the accused identified as Sintu, Raju, Ajay and Deepak, tried to molest her. Hamirpur District Police chief Jagat Ram said, the accused have been arrested and a case under sections 354, 506, 34 of Indian Penal Code have been registered against them.
According to the girl's statement, when she resisted, all four threatened to kill her. Further investigation into the case was in progress, police said.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?