Hrithik Roshan donates money for Uttarakhand flood victims
Hrithik Roshan has made a donation of Rs 25 lakh for the flood victims of Uttarakhand.
Mumbai: Actor Hrithik Roshan has made a donation of Rs 25 lakh for the flood victims of Uttarakhand. "One must do what one can to help others in need. It must become part of your belief system and must start at home. Also, I believe one must talk about his charities. The old belief of 'self-glorification' giving and not talking about it does not serve the higher purpose of teaching people to give and propagating the ideal," Hrithik said in a statement here.
"We must set examples so that others may follow. Among all the negatives in the world, the positives must not go unnoticed," he said.
Hrithik thanked Aamir Khan for starting this initiative of donation. As Aamir initiated a drive for collecting funds for the flood victims of Uttarakhand, the industry joined in to show its support. He started off with his own donation of reportedly Rs 25 lakh.
Hrithik made sure that the cheque reached Aamir a day before he went in for his brain surgery.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18