HTC aiming 15 per cent share in Indian smartphone market by year-end
Like its peers, HTC also plans to come out with EMI (easy monthly instalments) scheme for the HTC One next month.
New Delhi: Betting big on its flagship smartphone HTC One, handset maker HTC today said it aims to achieve 15 per cent market share in the domestic smartphone market by the end of this year.
"We are aiming 15 per cent market share in the domestic smartphone market by the end of this year," HTC Country Head Faisal Siddiqui told PTI.
As per research agency GFK, HTC currently has 6 per cent share in the domestic smartphone market, he said.
The company, which had launched HTC One globally in April, showcased the device in Delhi.
It has partnered with Reliance Communications to offer 1GB of 3G data free for three months.
The aluminium unibodied device has new features like HTC BlinkFeed, HTC Zoe and HTC BoomSound as well as innovations in HTC Sense, the company said.
Like its peers, HTC also plans to come out with EMI (easy monthly instalments) scheme for the phone next month.
The company has also added two national distributors and it now has three distributors across the country, who cater to over 100 dealers and 3,500 outlets, Siddiqui said.
The company, however, has no plans to start production of the phone in the country and will continue to import it from China and Taiwan.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1