HTC to launch 4G phones in mid to high price range in 2014
The company recently launched Desire 501 for Rs 16,890, Desire 601 for Rs 24,190 and Desire 700 for Rs 33,050.
New Delhi: Smartphone maker HTC today said that it expects to launch 4G phones in mid to high price range in 2014.
"In line with India's development of 4G networks, there will be obviously more 4G devices available in the India market. I am hoping to be able to bring in many price points, not only the top but also medium price point," HTC Senior Marketing Director for South Asia Sirpa H Ikola told PTI.
She was speaking on sidelines of HTC launching three mid range dual-sim Android smartphones in its Desire series.
The company launched Desire 501 for Rs 16,890, Desire 601 for Rs 24,190 and Desire 700 for Rs 33,050.
Sirpa said that the top end 4G devices will be in the price range of its HTC One series and mid-range devices will be in the price range of Desire series.
The Desire 700 smartphone from the company also has dual SIM but one slot is capable of supporting both CDMA and GSM SIM. Rest of the models only support GSM based connections.
"We were having gaps in our portfolio at these price points and which we have filled with launch of Desire series phones," HTC India Country Head Faisal Siddiqui said.
HTC recently launched HTC One Max at maximum retail price of Rs 61,490. The lowest priced phone from HTC was in its Explorer series which was launched at MRP of about Rs 12,000.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show