9/11-type terror threat looms over Mumbai highrise
The security has been put at an all-time high at the Hubli airport in Karnataka.
Hubli: The Intelligence Agencies on Sunday received a tip off that a hijacked private plane from Hubli airport in North Karnataka could be used to carry out a terror strike on a high rise building in Mumbai, along the lines of 9/11.
Following the alarming terror threat, the security was put at an all-time high.
As part of the security measures, there was a three-fold increase in the number of police personnel at the Hubli airport.
Cameras and CCTVs were installed inside the terminal while bomb-disposal squad and sniffer dogs were also called in.
It must be noted that security was tightened at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai on September 13 following an alert by central intelligence agencies about a possible terror attack using a small aircraft.
The Centre had advised all states bordering Maharashtra, including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Goa to be on alert to foil any terror attack on Mumbai airport.
Recommended For You
- Behen Hogi Teri Teaser Gives a Religious Twist to Kaala Chashma And It's Hilarious
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- TVF CEO Arunabh Kumar Booked for Molestation
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21