9/11-type terror threat looms over Mumbai highrise
The security has been put at an all-time high at the Hubli airport in Karnataka.
Hubli: The Intelligence Agencies on Sunday received a tip off that a hijacked private plane from Hubli airport in North Karnataka could be used to carry out a terror strike on a high rise building in Mumbai, along the lines of 9/11.
Following the alarming terror threat, the security was put at an all-time high.
As part of the security measures, there was a three-fold increase in the number of police personnel at the Hubli airport.
Cameras and CCTVs were installed inside the terminal while bomb-disposal squad and sniffer dogs were also called in.
It must be noted that security was tightened at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai on September 13 following an alert by central intelligence agencies about a possible terror attack using a small aircraft.
The Centre had advised all states bordering Maharashtra, including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Goa to be on alert to foil any terror attack on Mumbai airport.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video