9/11-type terror threat looms over Mumbai highrise
The security has been put at an all-time high at the Hubli airport in Karnataka.
Hubli: The Intelligence Agencies on Sunday received a tip off that a hijacked private plane from Hubli airport in North Karnataka could be used to carry out a terror strike on a high rise building in Mumbai, along the lines of 9/11.
Following the alarming terror threat, the security was put at an all-time high.
As part of the security measures, there was a three-fold increase in the number of police personnel at the Hubli airport.
Cameras and CCTVs were installed inside the terminal while bomb-disposal squad and sniffer dogs were also called in.
It must be noted that security was tightened at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai on September 13 following an alert by central intelligence agencies about a possible terror attack using a small aircraft.
The Centre had advised all states bordering Maharashtra, including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Goa to be on alert to foil any terror attack on Mumbai airport.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment