Police foil jailbreak attempt in Hubli
97 inmates and 25 policemen were injured during the jailbreak attempt.
Hubli: The police foiled a jailbreak attempt in Hubli in Karnataka and ninety seven inmates and twenty five policemen were injured in the incident.
When two inmates were being shifted from the Hubli jail to the Gulbarga jail, the inmates, allegedly unhappy on being shifted, created a rowdy scene and tried to blow up gas cylinders inside the jail.
The relatives of the inmates also started pelting stones from outside the jail.
Police brought the situation under control but had to fire fourteen shells of tear gas and two rounds of rubber bullets.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender