Hugh Grant, JK Rowling to talk of phone hacking
Hugh Grant and JK Rowling will testify for alleged press intrusion in their lives.
London: Actor Hugh Grant and 'Harry Potter' writer JK Rowling will testify in a London courtroom next week about alleged press intrusion into their private lives.
They are among witnesses announced today by an inquiry into British media ethics.
The inquiry was triggered by the scandal over phone hacking at now-defunct tabloid News of the World.
More than 20 alleged hacking victims are scheduled to give evidence starting Monday, including the parents of 13-year-old Milly Dowler, who was abducted and murdered in 2002.
The Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid eavesdropped on her voicemails while police were searching for her.
Other witnesses include comedian Steve Coogan, actress Sienna Miller, singer Charlotte Church and Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in 2007.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be