Huma Qureshi was apprehensive to go de-glam for 'Sujata'
Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
'Sujata' is one of the short films from Anurag Kashyap's collection 'Shorts', which is directed by Shlok Sharma.
"Shlok wanted me without make-up in the film as it is a hard-hitting story and needed that look," the actress said in a statement here.
Huma said she finally decided to go de-glam for the character she portrayed in the films and is wondering how she must be looking on screen.
Scripted by Annie Zaidi, 'Sujata' is a 10-minute short film about the protagonist played by Huma, who takes on her childhood tormentor.
The film, produced by Kashyap's AKFPL and Tumbhi.Com, a talent showcase platform, created waves at the 10th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
The film is slated to be released on July 12.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game