Huma Qureshi was apprehensive to go de-glam for 'Sujata'
Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
'Sujata' is one of the short films from Anurag Kashyap's collection 'Shorts', which is directed by Shlok Sharma.
"Shlok wanted me without make-up in the film as it is a hard-hitting story and needed that look," the actress said in a statement here.
Huma said she finally decided to go de-glam for the character she portrayed in the films and is wondering how she must be looking on screen.
Scripted by Annie Zaidi, 'Sujata' is a 10-minute short film about the protagonist played by Huma, who takes on her childhood tormentor.
The film, produced by Kashyap's AKFPL and Tumbhi.Com, a talent showcase platform, created waves at the 10th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
The film is slated to be released on July 12.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- India, G4 Partners Reaffirm 'Unwavering Commitment' to UNSC Reforms
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate