Huma Qureshi was apprehensive to go de-glam for 'Sujata'
Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film 'Sujata'.
'Sujata' is one of the short films from Anurag Kashyap's collection 'Shorts', which is directed by Shlok Sharma.
"Shlok wanted me without make-up in the film as it is a hard-hitting story and needed that look," the actress said in a statement here.
Huma said she finally decided to go de-glam for the character she portrayed in the films and is wondering how she must be looking on screen.
Scripted by Annie Zaidi, 'Sujata' is a 10-minute short film about the protagonist played by Huma, who takes on her childhood tormentor.
The film, produced by Kashyap's AKFPL and Tumbhi.Com, a talent showcase platform, created waves at the 10th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
The film is slated to be released on July 12.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18