Human remains found stuffed in bags on Hirakud Express
According to police, the incident came to light after sanitary staff spotted the unclaimed luggage in the two compartments in the wee hours.
Visakhapatnam: Human remains stuffed in a suitcase and two bags were found from Hirakud Express on Tuesday in Visakhapatnam by Government Railway Police (GRP), an official said. "The remains were found stuffed in a suitcase and two bags which were found abandoned in S7 and S8 compartments of Hirakud Express which arrived here in the wee hours from Amritsar", said a GRP officer.
He said the victim appears to be a middle-aged male and could have been murdered in neighbouring Orissa. According to police, the incident came to light after sanitary staff spotted the unclaimed luggage in the two compartments in the wee hours. "The staff felt that something was amiss as they could not stand the stench emanating from the luggage", police said.
The train terminates at Visakhapatnam and the compartments were empty when the bags were found, they said. The remains are sent to King George Hospital here for postmortem, police said, adding further investigations are on.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18