Human remains found stuffed in bags on Hirakud Express
According to police, the incident came to light after sanitary staff spotted the unclaimed luggage in the two compartments in the wee hours.
Visakhapatnam: Human remains stuffed in a suitcase and two bags were found from Hirakud Express on Tuesday in Visakhapatnam by Government Railway Police (GRP), an official said. "The remains were found stuffed in a suitcase and two bags which were found abandoned in S7 and S8 compartments of Hirakud Express which arrived here in the wee hours from Amritsar", said a GRP officer.
He said the victim appears to be a middle-aged male and could have been murdered in neighbouring Orissa. According to police, the incident came to light after sanitary staff spotted the unclaimed luggage in the two compartments in the wee hours. "The staff felt that something was amiss as they could not stand the stench emanating from the luggage", police said.
The train terminates at Visakhapatnam and the compartments were empty when the bags were found, they said. The remains are sent to King George Hospital here for postmortem, police said, adding further investigations are on.
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages