Hundreds of dead expected after Iran quake: Official
"It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official.
Ankara: An Iranian government official said on Tuesday he expected hundreds of deaths from a major earthquake that struck Iran near the border with Pakistan.
"It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
A major 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck at 10:44 GMT at a depth of 15.2 km (9.4 miles). The epicenter was in southeast Iran in an area of mountains and desert.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead