Hungary's Szilagyi wins Olympic gold in saber
Aron Szilagyi of Hungary won the Olympic gold medal in men's individual saber, beating Diego Occhiuzzi of Italy.
London: Aron Szilagyi of Hungary won the Olympic gold medal in the men's individual saber, beating Diego Occhiuzzi of Italy 15-8 after the top four seeds all stumbled out before the semifinals.
It was the second medal at a major competition for the 22-year-old Szilagyi, who beat defending champion Man Zhong of China on his way to the final. Szilagyi won bronze at the 2011 European Championship in Sheffield.
Nikolay Kovalev of Russia defeated Rares Dumitrescu of Romania 15-10 for the bronze.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen