DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hurriyat passes resolution in support of Fai
Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said that Ghulam Nabi Fai had lobbied for a genuine cause.
Srinagar: Hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference on Saturday passed a resolution in support of US-based Kashmiri separatist Ghulam Nabi Fai.
"I can say this with complete faith that he has done nothing wrong. Fai sahab has done nothing wrong. He has lobbied for a genuine cause," Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said at a seminar called in support of Fai.
Fai, 62, arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in July 2011, had pleaded guilty to the federal charges of being an ISI agent.
Geelani criticised America for its "aggression" in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
A resolution was passed at the seminar pledging support for Fai.
"We stand by Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai for his commitment to the cause and impress upon the international community to ensure his honourable release," it read.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes