Hurriyat passes resolution in support of Fai
Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said that Ghulam Nabi Fai had lobbied for a genuine cause.
Srinagar: Hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference on Saturday passed a resolution in support of US-based Kashmiri separatist Ghulam Nabi Fai.
"I can say this with complete faith that he has done nothing wrong. Fai sahab has done nothing wrong. He has lobbied for a genuine cause," Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said at a seminar called in support of Fai.
Fai, 62, arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in July 2011, had pleaded guilty to the federal charges of being an ISI agent.
Geelani criticised America for its "aggression" in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
A resolution was passed at the seminar pledging support for Fai.
"We stand by Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai for his commitment to the cause and impress upon the international community to ensure his honourable release," it read.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards