Hurriyat passes resolution in support of Fai
Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said that Ghulam Nabi Fai had lobbied for a genuine cause.
Srinagar: Hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference on Saturday passed a resolution in support of US-based Kashmiri separatist Ghulam Nabi Fai.
"I can say this with complete faith that he has done nothing wrong. Fai sahab has done nothing wrong. He has lobbied for a genuine cause," Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani said at a seminar called in support of Fai.
Fai, 62, arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in July 2011, had pleaded guilty to the federal charges of being an ISI agent.
Geelani criticised America for its "aggression" in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
A resolution was passed at the seminar pledging support for Fai.
"We stand by Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai for his commitment to the cause and impress upon the international community to ensure his honourable release," it read.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not to Float Political Party in Punjab
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Formally Resigns From BJP