Husband, father-in-law get life term for killing woman
According to prosecution, Shalik and his mother Pachribai forced his wife to have sexual relationship with her father-in-law.
Akola: The husband and the father-in-law of a woman were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing her after she refused to have a sexual relationship with the latter in the Washim district of Maharashtra. The fast track court in Washim headed by Judge DK Bhende on Tuesday awarded life sentence to Shalik Pawar and his father Yadav Pawar in the case.
According to prosecution, on the night of March 26, 2011, Shalik and his mother Pachribai forced his wife to have sexual relationship with her father-in-law Yadav Pawar at their house in Sawargaon Burde village in Washim district of Maharashtra.
When the woman refused to give in to their demand, they beat her up and set her on fire, following which she succumbed to her burns. Later, an offence under section 302 (murder) was registered against the deceased's husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and one other person - Madina Chavan.
While Shalik and his father were arrested and chargesheeted in the case, the deceased's mother-in-law and another accused are still absconding.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology