Hyd clashes: Curfew to continue in old city
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas on Tuesday and the situation is largely peaceful.
Hyderabad: Curfew in communally sensitive areas of Saidabad and Madannapet in the old city of Hyderabad continued for the third consecutive day on Tuesday, even as police indicated that prohibitory orders may be relaxed from Wednesday, if the situation remains peaceful.
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas and the situation is peaceful. Security check-ups and patrolling have been intensified there and efforts are on to nab those responsible for the communal disturbance on Sunday last, a senior police officer said.
"The curfew is continuing as per orders of higher authorities. However, the situation is totally peaceful and under control and if normalcy continues there will be relaxation in curfew from tomorrow," he said.
He said police had so far arrested five persons in connection with violent incidents reported under the areas of Madannapet and Saidabad police station limits. Authorities had imposed indefinite curfew in the two police station areas after communal trouble broke out with members of two communities indulging in stabbing and heavy stone-pelting, over alleged desecration of a place of worship on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology