Hyd clashes: Curfew to continue in old city
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas on Tuesday and the situation is largely peaceful.
Hyderabad: Curfew in communally sensitive areas of Saidabad and Madannapet in the old city of Hyderabad continued for the third consecutive day on Tuesday, even as police indicated that prohibitory orders may be relaxed from Wednesday, if the situation remains peaceful.
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas and the situation is peaceful. Security check-ups and patrolling have been intensified there and efforts are on to nab those responsible for the communal disturbance on Sunday last, a senior police officer said.
"The curfew is continuing as per orders of higher authorities. However, the situation is totally peaceful and under control and if normalcy continues there will be relaxation in curfew from tomorrow," he said.
He said police had so far arrested five persons in connection with violent incidents reported under the areas of Madannapet and Saidabad police station limits. Authorities had imposed indefinite curfew in the two police station areas after communal trouble broke out with members of two communities indulging in stabbing and heavy stone-pelting, over alleged desecration of a place of worship on Sunday.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check