Hyd clashes: Curfew to continue in old city
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas on Tuesday and the situation is largely peaceful.
Hyderabad: Curfew in communally sensitive areas of Saidabad and Madannapet in the old city of Hyderabad continued for the third consecutive day on Tuesday, even as police indicated that prohibitory orders may be relaxed from Wednesday, if the situation remains peaceful.
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit areas and the situation is peaceful. Security check-ups and patrolling have been intensified there and efforts are on to nab those responsible for the communal disturbance on Sunday last, a senior police officer said.
"The curfew is continuing as per orders of higher authorities. However, the situation is totally peaceful and under control and if normalcy continues there will be relaxation in curfew from tomorrow," he said.
He said police had so far arrested five persons in connection with violent incidents reported under the areas of Madannapet and Saidabad police station limits. Authorities had imposed indefinite curfew in the two police station areas after communal trouble broke out with members of two communities indulging in stabbing and heavy stone-pelting, over alleged desecration of a place of worship on Sunday.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC