Hyderabad film set fire: AP CM orders probe
The death toll in the fire rose to six on Monday. The victims included two women and a 10-day-old baby.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy has ordered a probe into the fire that broke out at a film set in Manikonda on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Six people died in the fire. The victims included two women, a 10-day-old baby and the watchman who had alerted a residential complex nearby about it.
The fire injured six other people as well. Police say the fire began at around 8.45 pm in a make-shift shed that was built by a local shooting unit. The fire spread to a pile of plastic and soon engulfed the residential apartment nearby.
It's unclear whether the victims were residents or film crew members. The injured were taken to a government hospital. The flames were doused and situation was brought under control by midnight. The cause of the blaze is being investigated. Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy visited the spot late on Sunday night.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement