DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hyderabad, Bangalore among 4 airports to have Visa-on-Arrival facility
Currently, the VoA facility is operational at four international airports in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
Visa-on-Arrival facility for tourists will now be available at four more international airports across the country, besides the four existing metro cities. "The Home Ministry has issued orders extending Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility to four more airports at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Hyderabad and Bangalore with effect from August 15," said a senior Tourism Ministry official.
Currently, the VoA facility is operational at four international airports in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. It was decided earlier at the third inter-ministerial coordination committee meeting to extend the facility of tourist Visa on Arrival (VoA) at these airports, said the official. Visitors from 11 countries including Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines and Myanmar are eligible to get VoA facility.
The visa-on-arrival scheme has contributed to an increase in the number of tourists from these countries and the government was in the final stages of consultations on allowing the facility to citizens of another 10 countries, including Germany, France and Russia, said the official. The Miinistry has set a target of attracting 12 million international tourists by 2016.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond