PM condemns Hyderabad bomb blasts, announces compensation for victims
Singh sanctioned Rs 2 lakh each to the family members of those killed and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured.
New Delhi: Strongly condemning the blasts in Hyderabad, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday night said those responsible for the "dastardly" act would not go unpunished as he appealed for peace.
Singh sanctioned Rs 2 lakh each to the family members of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured from the PM's Relief Fund.
Here is the full statement of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
The Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace. He has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished", the Prime Minister added.
The Prime Minister has also sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased persons and Rs 50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blasts.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017 Auction: Live Updates from Bengaluru
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)