Hyderabad blasts: Dilsukh Nagar limps back to normalcy
The traffic on the busy road, however, was hit due to gathering of curious onlookers at the blast sites.
Hyderabad: Normalcy is returning to Dilsukh Nagar, the scene of Thursday's devastating twin blasts which left 16 people dead and 117 others injured. After a day of grief and shutdown, people in the busy area resumed their daily activity Saturday.
Many shops reopened while vendors also returned to the footpaths. The traffic on the busy road, however, was hit due to gathering of curious onlookers at the blast sites in front of Dilsukh Nagar bus station.
Policemen remain deployed at the blast scenes and they continued to have a tough time in controlling the crowds. Some traders near the blast sites recalled the horrific moments of Thursday evening when their fellow road-side vendors and customers perished before their eyes.
Dilsukh Nagar, located south of Musi River, is a bustling area, which connects to Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway. Once considered a suburb, it is today one of the busiest places in the city and a transit point between the core areas of the city and the outskirts.
It has dozens of educational institutions, computer coaching and job training institutes, shopping malls, cinema theaters and several other business establishments. In the rest of the city, it was business as usual after a day of calm and tension.
Shops, business establishments and educational institutions, which were closed Friday due to shutdown called by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), re-opened. Meanwhile, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu visited the blast site.
Naidu also called on the injured at hospitals. Later, while talking to reporters, he said the government owed an explanation to people on its failure to prevent the terror attacks. Assembly Speaker N Manohar also called on the injured.
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades