Hyderabad blasts: Police conduct search in Kanyakumari
In Madurai, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples.
Kanyakumari: Police along with Intelligence Bureau officials on Sunday conducted search operations in some areas of Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu on information that certain persons having links with the Hyderabad blasts had come to the seashore town. The tip-off was received from Hyderabad Police and Intelligence agencies and search operations were conducted in select areas, police sources said.
"We got information that some of them are hiding here for escaping to nearby Kerala. We have tightened search operations in border areas as well as the sea coast and have made a request to fishermen also to be on the lookout for strangers and inform police," an official said.
The police team was led by Tuticorin District SP, Kannan, also in charge of Kanyakumari district, famous for the Vivekananda Rock Memorial. There was flutter in areas thronged by pilgrims as police searched lodges and big hotels and other possible hideouts.
In Madurai, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples following a tip-off that shrines could face threat from terrorists. Officials said teams had been formed to conduct random checking of vehicles.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up