Hyderabad blasts: Police conduct search in Kanyakumari
In Madurai, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples.
Kanyakumari: Police along with Intelligence Bureau officials on Sunday conducted search operations in some areas of Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu on information that certain persons having links with the Hyderabad blasts had come to the seashore town. The tip-off was received from Hyderabad Police and Intelligence agencies and search operations were conducted in select areas, police sources said.
"We got information that some of them are hiding here for escaping to nearby Kerala. We have tightened search operations in border areas as well as the sea coast and have made a request to fishermen also to be on the lookout for strangers and inform police," an official said.
The police team was led by Tuticorin District SP, Kannan, also in charge of Kanyakumari district, famous for the Vivekananda Rock Memorial. There was flutter in areas thronged by pilgrims as police searched lodges and big hotels and other possible hideouts.
In Madurai, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples following a tip-off that shrines could face threat from terrorists. Officials said teams had been formed to conduct random checking of vehicles.
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager