Hyderabad: Cache of gelatin sticks seized; one hurt in explosion
A construction contractor who had taken up work nearby was suspected to have illegally procured them.
Hyderabad: One person was injured in a minor explosion of gelatin sticks at Raidurgam area in Hyderabad even as police seized a huge cache of explosive material stored illegally inside a makeshift office at a construction site in the locality today.
The seizure comprised as many as 3,700 gelatin sticks meant for blasting jobs at construction sites, they said. The injured has been identified only as Yadagiri, police said.
He was injured while burning some waste material that apparently consisted of some gelatin sticks, they said. Police said nobody had been arrested yet but a construction contractor who had taken up work nearby was suspected to have illegally procured them.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights