Hyderabad: Single-seater aircraft for just Rs 1 lakh
Students of the Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology have designed and fabricated the aircraft.
Hyderabad: Students of mechanical engineering at the Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology have designed and fabricated an aircraft that can be used for commuting within the city, in what is called an effort to solve traffic problems in the city. Made with a budget of about Rs 1 lakh, the single-seater can take off with a short run up of about 100 meters at a cruising speed of 50 to 60 kmph and fly at an altitude of 1000 ft.
The aircraft has a fuel efficiency of around 25 km/litres and can fly at a moderate speed of above 100 kmph. Research is on to further modify the aircraft and make it commercially viable for production.
The aircraft has been developed under the guidance of Dr. Mohd Masood and has been solely developed in the college campus. The project is part of a series of projects planned to solve the day to day problems of citizens of the country.
Recommended For You
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team