Hyderabad: Single-seater aircraft for just Rs 1 lakh
Students of the Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology have designed and fabricated the aircraft.
Hyderabad: Students of mechanical engineering at the Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology have designed and fabricated an aircraft that can be used for commuting within the city, in what is called an effort to solve traffic problems in the city. Made with a budget of about Rs 1 lakh, the single-seater can take off with a short run up of about 100 meters at a cruising speed of 50 to 60 kmph and fly at an altitude of 1000 ft.
The aircraft has a fuel efficiency of around 25 km/litres and can fly at a moderate speed of above 100 kmph. Research is on to further modify the aircraft and make it commercially viable for production.
The aircraft has been developed under the guidance of Dr. Mohd Masood and has been solely developed in the college campus. The project is part of a series of projects planned to solve the day to day problems of citizens of the country.
Recommended For You
- Warner Moved by Daughter's Move to Search Him in Coffee Shop
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart
- Yuvraj Singh Jumps in Defence of His Favourite 'Cheeku'