DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hyderabad: Student hangs himself after failing to repay betting loans
A suicide note purportedly written by the student said he owed around Rs 70,000 and had decided to end his life since he was unable to repay the same.
Hyderabad: A 22-year-old engineering student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in Nalgonda district, reportedly after he failed to repay loans taken to bet on cricket matches, the police said. Bhagyaraj, a fourth-year engineering student was found hanging from the roof of his room in Devarkonda town of Nalgonda this morning and is suspected to have resorted to the extreme step last night, a police officer said.
A suicide note purportedly written by the student said that he owed around Rs 70,000 and had decided to end his life since he was unable to repay the same, the police said, based on preliminary investigation.
In their statements to the police, his friends said that he used to bet on cricket matches and might have spend the amount on it. The Devarkonda police is probing further.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings