Hyderabad: Three picked up by the police for alleged bid to rape woman
The incident occurred when the young woman, accompanied by her husband, was returning from Nereducherla town on a bike after purchasing some groceries.
Hyderabad: Four men allegedly attempted to a rape a married woman in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, the police said on Sunday. The incident occurred on Saturday night when the young woman, accompanied by her husband, was returning from Nereducherla town on a bike to Sonyapahad village after purchasing some groceries, the police said.
The couple stopped their two-wheeler for the woman to answer nature's call, when four men, who had parked their four-wheeler near the road, tried to sexually assault her. However, some locals immediately intervened and rescued the couple, the police said, based on a complaint.
Three out of the four accused were picked up by the police after the incident, while another accused is on the run, a senior police officer said. The police is recording statements of the trio and nobody has been arrested so far.
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC