Hyderabad: Tormentor NRI techie arrested
The accused is a manager in Deloitte Corporate Consulting Services in Sydney, Australia.
Hyderabad: A day after the Women Police Station at Begumpet registered a dowry harassment case against an Australia-based techie Santosh Raj, the police arrested him and seized his passport on Friday. Police said, Santosh, 32, was asked to visit the police station for questioning and after his wife's statement, was taken into custody for harassing her for additional dowry. The accused is a manager in Deloitte Corporate Consulting Services in Sydney, Australia. His family resides at Seethafalmandi in Secunderabad.
Inspector K Sridevi of the Women Police Station informed that Santosh will be produced before the court on Saturday and that they have recorded his statements in connection with the case. "We will submit a report to the court while producing Santosh before the judge,'' she added.
The victim Santoshi Sujana, 24 and a native of Visakhapatnam, had married Santosh on December 21, 2008. Her parents had paid them a hefty dowry as was demanded by them. But soon after she shifted to her husband's house at Sitafalmandi, Santosh and his mother Uma started harassing her for an additional dowry of Rs 5 lakh. Two years ago, Sujana shifted to Sydney with her husband. But Santosh abandoned her there after she came to know about his extramarital affairs and returned alone to Hyderabad on the pretext of his father's sudden demise.
Police also questioned co-accused Uma on Thursday and recorded her statements in connection with the case.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team