Hyderabad: Rs 5 cr worth jewellery seized
The jewellery was seized from a group of contractors who found the ornaments buried in the wall of an old building.
Hyderabad: The police on Tuesday seized Mughal and Roman era gold and silver jewellery worth more than Rs 5 crore. The jewellery was seized from a group of contractors who found the ornaments buried in the wall of an old building. The contractors have been arrested.
The gold and silver ornaments seized were crafted by artisans during the regime of Moghuls, Nizam Nawabs and others, thus having great archaeological and historical importance as per the opinion of Archaeological officers, the Hyderabad police chief said.
The gold coins belong to Moghul period and some are from ancient Roman times, he added. The five accused were booked under section 380 (theft in dwelling house) IPC and section 20 of The Indian Treasure Trove Act 1878.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training