DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I am an actor and not a star, says Annu Kapoor
Annu Kapoor says he is choosy as he doesn't sign a film until it has a good script.
Mumbai: Annu Kapoor, who was applauded for convincingly playing Dr. Chaddha in 'Vicky Donor' last year, describes himself as an "actor". "I am choosy because what will I do until there is a good script? I am not a star, I am an actor. If an actor does not get to show his acting, then what will he do in a film," the 57-year-old said here Friday at the 'muhurat' of his new film 'Jai Ho Democracy'.
Annu is all praise for the director of 'Jai Ho Democracy' Ranjit Kapoor, who, he says, has brought together both entertainment and information in one film.
"It will be entertaining and informative. To make an informative issue entertaining is what Ranjit Kapoor does. He has proved it in his theatre work," Annu said.
"Usually to keep a film entertaining, a filmmaker forgets about the realism. Similarly realistic filmmakers forget about entertainment. But in this film you will get both," he added.
'Jai Ho Democracy' also stars Om Puri, Satish Kaushik, Annu and Adil Hussain.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise