I am nervous about 'Lootera': Vikramaditya Motwane
Vikramaditya Motwane says he is nervous about the release of his second film 'Lootera'.
Mumbai: After garnering critical acclaim with 'Udaan', director Vikramaditya Motwane says he is nervous about the release of his second film 'Lootera'.
His directorial debut 'Udaan' (2010) was selected for the Cannes Film Festival and also won seven Filmfare awards, but it was not immediately successful at the box office.
"Though I do not feel the pressure of a film, I am nervous... scared. I'm very proud of this film. I hope people like it," Motwane told reporters here at the first look launch of 'Lootera'.
The film stars Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh in the lead. The first look of this period drama was launched at a single-screen theatre in south Mumbai.
The film, set in the Bengal of 1950s, is inspired by O Henry's story 'The Last Leaf'. "We have been inspired by the book but we haven't adapted it. We have made changes in it. It is a fresh film," Motwane said.
"I don't want to stick to any particular genre. I want to try out different things," he said.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands