I am not counting calories: New mom Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa Shetty says she is in no hurry to lose post-pregnancy flab as her priorities have changed post motherhood.
New Delhi: Actress Shilpa Shetty says she is taking a break from movies to raise her three-months-old son Viaan Raj Kundra. The 37-year-old actress, who has been a part of the showbiz since a very young age, says her family has taken a front seat after the birth of her son with businessman Raj Kundra.
"Motherhood is a beautiful experience and it's true that when it happens other things in life eventually take a back seat. I am taking a break from films as I want to spend all my time with Viaan. It's very stressful at times but I am giving my 100 per cent to him," Shilpa told PTI.
The actress, who made her first public appearance in the Capital to promote skin care brand Olay, says she is in no hurry to lose post-pregnancy flab. "As we are in the glamour business, we are always scrutinised for our appearances and are bound to have insecurities. But for a mother, these first four months are very crucial for the child's health. You should not compromise with it.
"I am eating things which are necessary for my child's health without counting calories. I start working on my body after some time with light yoga," says Shilpa.
The 'Dhadkan' says her husband is a hands-on father. "Raj doesn't like to change nappies but other than that he does everything. Though he doesn't get much time as he is busy with our production company but he makes sure that we both stay happy," she says.
Shilpa, who is also the co-owner of IPL team Rajasthan Royals, says she is very proud of her team and would like to give a platform to other sports in India too. "As we have just started SFL to promote kick boxing, I would like to do something for football. There are so many brilliant footballers in India but they are not getting their due recognition. I want to do something for them," she says.
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Will Eat Lots of Food And Just Relax: Kareena Kapoor Opens Up About Her Birthday Plans
- 12 Ways Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Giving A Stylish Spin To Maternity Wear
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test