DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'I AM' trailer on You Tube
Director Onir wants to reach a wider audience through such platforms
First he used the social networking site Facebook to raise funds for I AM. Now director Onir has released the trailer of his forthcoming film on You Tube.
The film has an array of actors like Rahul Bose, Abhimanyu Singh, Nandita Das, Purab Kohli, Sanjay Suri, Manisha Koirala and Juhi Chawla.
"The entire landscape of releasing and watching trailers has changed, today, one can reach a wider audience through such platforms," Sanjay Suri said in a statement.
Onir said, "Also our trailer is subtitled in English, so language won't be a barrier to create awareness."
The film consists of four short stories - Omar that talks about gay rights, Afia on sperm donation, Abhimanyu about child abuse and Megha, which relates the tale of Kashmiri Pandits. The film will release April 22.
To raise money for I AM, Onir put up a page on Facebook saying anyone believing in the stories can be a part of the film by giving Rs.1,000 or more and be a co-owner of the film or be a volunteer. Around 400 people from 46 cities across the world participated and the director raised nearly Rs. 10 million.
This is Onir's fourth film after making his debut as a director with My Brother...Nikhil in 2005. This was followed by Bas Ek Pal (2006) and Sorry Bhai! (2008).
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere