I can't shake Jack Sparrow off me: Depp
The actor talks about playing Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean and more
London: Actor Johnny Depp, who plays Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean, says after doing the role for so long he is unable to shake him off.
"In terms of any connections to the character of Captain Jack, we are completely different. There is nothing I can relate to Captain Jack whatsoever. With every character you play, there is a part of you which goes, in terms of ingredients of making this stew, so there is most definitely a part of me in Captain Jack and now, fortunately or unfortunately, there is a great part of Captain Jack in me as well.
"Basically I can't shake him, he won't leave me alone! He keeps showing up at odd times, in fact he arrived this morning when I was getting my kids ready for school. I had to shoo him away," Depp told Independent newspaper.
Despite the lack of connection, Depp feels he can still play the part because there are "limitless" possibilities as to where he could go, reports contactmusic.com.
"Interesting for me, a character like Captain Jack, you feel like you can just continue. The possibilities are endless and limitless. There is any possibility of madness and absurdity so, you feel like with the character, you're never really done," he said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?