I did not visit LoC before soldiers' killing: Saeed
The terrorist said that if India proved his presence at the LoC, he was ready to accept other allegations as well.
Lahore: Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed on Saturday claimed he had not visited areas along the Line of Control (LoC) shortly before a recent spurt in violations of a ceasefire put in place in 2003. "I did not visit the LoC where the Indian soldiers were killed," Saeed, who now heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, said in a statement.
Expressing "surprise" at Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's remarks that he had visited the LoC, Saeed claimed: "India has no proof about my presence there. The Indian claim is totally baseless.
"If India proves my presence at the LoC, then I am ready to accept its other allegations (against) me," he said.
Saeed, blamed by New Delhi for masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that killed 166 people, said those in favour of granting Most Favoured Nation-status to India should "see the real face of India".
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Richa Chadha, Vir Das Starrer Raakh's Teaser to Release on Dussehra
- Idea Cellular Now Provides 1,865 Ports to Reliance Jio
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18