I didn't expect it: Cruise on divorce with Holmes
Superstar Tom Cruise has mostly been silent about his split from wife Katie Holmes recently.
Los Angeles: Superstar Tom Cruise has mostly been silent about his split from wife Katie Holmes recently, but he has now opened up about the much-publicised divorce saying he "did not expect it and was surprised when it happened".
The actor admits he was surprised when Holmes filed for divorce on June 29, five days before his 50th birthday, reported Us magazine.
"I didn't expect it," he confesses of the end of his five-year marriage to the star, with whom he shares daughter Suri, 6.
He also said he "had an unbelievable amount of time to think about it" as he threw himself into his work. The takeaway from all that thinking was, "Life is a challenge." "To be 50 and to have experiences and to think you have a grip on everything, and then it hits you - this is it, what life can do to you. Life is a tragicomedy. You need to have a sense of humour," Cruise added.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1