I don't accept this ban, it's unfair: Shoaib
Shoaib plans to take legal course to lift the five-year ban imposed on him.
Islamabad: Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar made it clear on Tuesday that he would take legal course to get the five-year ban imposed on him the by Pakistan Cricket Board overturned.
"I have always given my best for my country and the national team. I do not accept this ban. It is a harsh and unfair decision as far as I am concerned," he said in a statement shortly after the Board announced the ban on him for repeated violations of the players code of conduct and acts of indiscipline.
"I am shocked at this decision. I was expecting them to be lenient because I went and apologised for my actions and statement to the disciplinary committee today," he said.
Shoaib said he would hire the best lawyers to go and fight his case in court as he had the right to appeal against the ban.
"I will try to get this ban overturned. Because it is a stigma for me and a blot on all the efforts I have put in for Pakistan team," he added.
PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference the authorities had "lost confidence in Shoaib" and had "enough" of his habitual indiscipline.
He said the pacer had become a damaging influence on the team and the Board was sad but had no option but to accept the ban recommended by the disciplinary committee.
Shoaib accused some people within the Board and Pakistan cricket of trying to destroy his career and cooking up controversies.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18