I don't like James Bond: Gary Oldman
The star, who plays veteran spy George Smiley in the film, admits he has always been puzzled by Bond.
Los Angeles: Oscar-nominated actor Gary Oldman finds his spy character from the movie 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' more interesting than James Bond.
The 53-year-old star, who plays veteran spy George Smiley in the film, admits he has always been puzzled by author Ian Fleming's flamboyant hero, reported Showbizspy.
"He (Smiley) is the polar opposite of Bond. He is the man in the mac who you would pass in the street and not look at twice, whereas Bond, it's always struck me, announces who he is everywhere he goes to the villain, to the guy that wantsto kill him," said Oldman.
"He wears a white tuxedo and you go, 'Where's Bond ?' He's just pulled up in the Aston Martin. I've always found that strange. (It's like), 'I'm Bond, kill me," he added.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology