DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I have admiration for JK Rowling: author Joanna
Rowling was a single mother living on social security benefits when she wrote her first Harry Potter novel.
Author JK Rowling could be imprisoned by the huge fortune that she has made from the Harry Potter books, says her fellow author Joanna Trollope.
Rowling, who has sold more than 450 million copies of her novel and amassed an estimated 560 million pounds fortune, was a single mother living on social security benefits when she wrote her first Harry Potter novel, reported Daily Telegraph.
"I have nothing but admiration for her, but I wonder if there comes a point where money begins to imprison you in the way that the lack of it had before," says Trollope, 68, whose bestselling novels include 'A Village Affair' and 'Marrying the Mistress'.
"Of course, I know that she's very sensible with it and gives an awful lot to charity, but I imagine when you have heaps of money, it can be as bad as when you had none at all," she added.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet