I have no political ambitions: Mithun
Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty says he has no political ambitions and only wishes to restore the pride of Bengal.
Kolkata: Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty says he has no political ambitions and only wishes to restore the pride of Bengal. "Let me assert again I have no political ambitions though I had once plunged into politics at a young age," Mithun said.
"But as one from Bengal, I call the young generation to come forward and work towards restoring our pride for their own need, their own benefit. As an actor it is my duty to stand by the people, the poor," said Mithun, who was honoured with the P C Chandra Lifetime award here.
Mithun regretted that his identity as a Bengali was being questioned in some quarters. "If someone asks me if I am a Bengali, what should be done? Should I present the birth certificate or school leaving papers to prove my credentials as one from Bengal? "My identity makes me more attached to the well-being of this state, it's people," said the three-time national award winner.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Google Allo: A New Messaging App That Seeks to Rival WhatsApp, Facebook
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee