I hope to do a lot more work: Waheeda Rehman
The actress expresses her delight on Shashi Kapoor wining the Padma Bhushan
Mumbai: Graceful and evergreen actress Waheeda Rehman says she is honoured to be named for the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, and says she is looking forward to more work in the film industry over the years.
"I am of course very, very happy. Even God likes to be praised and to be recognised, I am only a mortal. So I'm so pleased that the government of India has recognised me. I hope to do a lot more work," the 72-year-old told.
The actress, best remembered for her work in movies like Pyaasa and Guide, keeps shuttling between her home in Mumbai and Bangalore. She is currently in Bangalore.
"By sheer coincidence Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is celebrating five years of Rang De Basanti on 26th January. He and his wife Bharathi were very keen that I be there. But I've some work in Bangalore, so I can't be there. But I feel the warmth and joy in my Padma (award) from Mumbai all the way here," she said.
Even if Waheeda is excited about her own award, she seemed quite concerned about veteran actor Shashi Kapoor, who is also among the Padma Bhushan awardees this year.
"Shashi has won. I'm so happy. I do hope he'll be able to be in Delhi to receive the award. I had gone to see him in hospital when he was there."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology