I spend money on diamonds: Sonam Kapoor
They say diamonds are a girl's best friend and the adage holds true for actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor.
New Delhi: They say diamonds are a girl's best friend and the adage holds true for Bollywood actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor who spends a huge amount of her income on real jewellery.
Sonam, 27, who is the brand ambassador of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council, said she loves antique neck-pieces and never thinks twice before buying a new one.
"I never invest in property, rather I spend a huge amount of my income on diamonds. I feel they are one's assets. I love antique jewellery and in my films also you will see I wear a lot of them. I don't buy junk jewellery," said Sonam, who was in the Capital to announce the first edition of India Gems Jewellery Fair (IGJF) here starting from April 6.
Clad in a beige saree and a diamond necklace, Sonam also expressed her displeasure over the 12.36 per cent service tax levied on actors.
"We are being bullied by the Government. They are taking an extra amount of tax from us but I don't know where they are using it. I would love to give my money to a charity rather than this Government," she added.
The actress will be seen in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' next opposite Farhan Akhtar. She is also shooting for three films - 'Ranjhanaa', an untitled Yash Raj Film and the remake of 'Khoobsurat'.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts