Ahmedabad: I-T officer caught accepting bribe of Rs 30 lakhs
Additional Commissioner of Income Tax CS Bharti has been taken into custody by the CBI.
Ahmedabad: An Income Tax officer was caught demanding and accepting a bribe in Gandhinagar on Monday.
Additional Commissioner of Income Tax CS Bharti was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) while accepting a bribe of Rs 30 lakhs.
Bharti has been taken into custody by the CBI. "CS Bharti, IRS 1994 batch, Additional Commissioner Income tax from Gandhinagar, was trapped this evening for the demand and acceptance of Rs 30 lakhs for scrutiny and assessment of income tax return of a construction firm," a CBI official said.
"Delivery of bribe was taken by a third party in Ahmedabad as arranged by a middleman on the instructions of the accused," he said.
The official also added that, "An assessment order was handed over to the complainant after confirmation of delivery of bribe amount."
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category