DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ahmedabad: I-T officer caught accepting bribe of Rs 30 lakhs
Additional Commissioner of Income Tax CS Bharti has been taken into custody by the CBI.
Ahmedabad: An Income Tax officer was caught demanding and accepting a bribe in Gandhinagar on Monday.
Additional Commissioner of Income Tax CS Bharti was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) while accepting a bribe of Rs 30 lakhs.
Bharti has been taken into custody by the CBI. "CS Bharti, IRS 1994 batch, Additional Commissioner Income tax from Gandhinagar, was trapped this evening for the demand and acceptance of Rs 30 lakhs for scrutiny and assessment of income tax return of a construction firm," a CBI official said.
"Delivery of bribe was taken by a third party in Ahmedabad as arranged by a middleman on the instructions of the accused," he said.
The official also added that, "An assessment order was handed over to the complainant after confirmation of delivery of bribe amount."
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users