I want to make more spiritual films: Mahesh Reddy
'Shirdi Sai' is the first Telugu film to have been released in Africa. It features Nagarjuna in the role of Sai.
Overwhelmed by the success and worldwide response to his Telugu film 'Shirdi Sai', producer Mahesh Reddy says he made the film with a no-profit motive and would like to do more films with spiritual content.
"The success of my film has now opened the market for good devotional films. I want do more films with spiritual content," Reddy told IANS.
He says a lot of detailing went into the film and some parts of it were fictionalised to suit the audience.
'Shirdi Sai', the first Telugu film to have been released in Africa, is directed by veteran K Raghavendra Rao. It features actor Akkineni Nagarjuna in the role of Sai. The film collected over Rs 3 crore in the overseas market.
But box office success wasn't the main motive for Reddy.
"I did not make the film ('Shirdi Sai') with the motive to earn profit. However, the film did very well and I'm thankful," he added.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Bihar Deputy CM Tejaswi Yadav Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief