DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I want to make more spiritual films: Mahesh Reddy
'Shirdi Sai' is the first Telugu film to have been released in Africa. It features Nagarjuna in the role of Sai.
Overwhelmed by the success and worldwide response to his Telugu film 'Shirdi Sai', producer Mahesh Reddy says he made the film with a no-profit motive and would like to do more films with spiritual content.
"The success of my film has now opened the market for good devotional films. I want do more films with spiritual content," Reddy told IANS.
He says a lot of detailing went into the film and some parts of it were fictionalised to suit the audience.
'Shirdi Sai', the first Telugu film to have been released in Africa, is directed by veteran K Raghavendra Rao. It features actor Akkineni Nagarjuna in the role of Sai. The film collected over Rs 3 crore in the overseas market.
But box office success wasn't the main motive for Reddy.
"I did not make the film ('Shirdi Sai') with the motive to earn profit. However, the film did very well and I'm thankful," he added.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes