I wanted to play Spiderman: Charlie Sheen
Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman'.
London: Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman', long before Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's portrayal of the web-slinging hero. Sheen, 46, said he pitched the idea to the now defunct Orion Movie Studios back in the mid nineties, when he had an office at the production company's headquarters, reported Contactmusic.
"I had everything lined up to make the movie and I would take on the title role, however I was met hostilely by the heads of the company, who told me 'we're thinking that cartoons are not the future, comic books are not the future'," he said.
The Anger Management star said the company's lack of enthusiasm was the only obstacle to his Spider-Man film project. Coincidentally, the actor's father Martin has a supporting role in this year's The Amazing Spider-Man as Peter Parker's Uncle Ben.
After the success of the film, two sequels have since been announced to follow the reboot in the near future, with Garfield expected to follow-up his role as Spiderman (Peter).
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali