I wanted to play Spiderman: Charlie Sheen
Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman'.
London: Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman', long before Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's portrayal of the web-slinging hero. Sheen, 46, said he pitched the idea to the now defunct Orion Movie Studios back in the mid nineties, when he had an office at the production company's headquarters, reported Contactmusic.
"I had everything lined up to make the movie and I would take on the title role, however I was met hostilely by the heads of the company, who told me 'we're thinking that cartoons are not the future, comic books are not the future'," he said.
The Anger Management star said the company's lack of enthusiasm was the only obstacle to his Spider-Man film project. Coincidentally, the actor's father Martin has a supporting role in this year's The Amazing Spider-Man as Peter Parker's Uncle Ben.
After the success of the film, two sequels have since been announced to follow the reboot in the near future, with Garfield expected to follow-up his role as Spiderman (Peter).
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her