DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I wanted to play Spiderman: Charlie Sheen
Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman'.
London: Troubled star Charlie Sheen says he had planned to play Peter Parker in a movie adaptation of 'Spiderman', long before Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's portrayal of the web-slinging hero. Sheen, 46, said he pitched the idea to the now defunct Orion Movie Studios back in the mid nineties, when he had an office at the production company's headquarters, reported Contactmusic.
"I had everything lined up to make the movie and I would take on the title role, however I was met hostilely by the heads of the company, who told me 'we're thinking that cartoons are not the future, comic books are not the future'," he said.
The Anger Management star said the company's lack of enthusiasm was the only obstacle to his Spider-Man film project. Coincidentally, the actor's father Martin has a supporting role in this year's The Amazing Spider-Man as Peter Parker's Uncle Ben.
After the success of the film, two sequels have since been announced to follow the reboot in the near future, with Garfield expected to follow-up his role as Spiderman (Peter).
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO