I was always the first choice for 'Raanjhanaa': Sonam Kapoor
Sonam says any reports indicating that Sonakshi Sinha was being considered for the role are 'not true at all'.
Mumbai: If she played a high-on-fashion girl in 'Aisha', she even essayed a simple girl in 'Delhi-6' and 'Mausam'. Actress Sonam Kapoor, who will now be seen in her forthcoming film 'Raanjhanaa', says she considers it a big achievement that she has escaped being typecast in the film industry.
"I don't compare my life with the success ratio. I am not getting typecast and that's my biggest achievement. I want to be able to do different roles and I have consciously decided it and not done typical roles," Sonam told IANS.
'Raanjhanaa', directed by Anand L.Rai, also stars southern actor Dhanush.
Sonam says she was always the "first choice" for the role of Zoya in 'Raanjhanaa' and says any reports indicating that actress Sonakshi Sinha was being considered for the role are 'not true at all'.
"There are lots of films which even I have said no to, but I never talk about it, I never discuss it because I respect my co-star, producers and directors. But I can assure you that I was always the first choice for 'Raanjhanaa'," she added.
The film releases Friday.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1