I wish I could direct Vikramaditya's films: Anurag Kashyap
Anurag Kashyap admits he gets jealous of Vikramaditya whenever the latter directs a film.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who has co-produced Vikramaditya Motwane's directorial 'Lootera', admits he gets jealous of Vikramaditya whenever the latter directs a film.
At the first look launch of 'Lootera', when asked how does he stop himself from taking away a film with a great story from another director, Kashyap said: "I always have this problem with Vikramaditya's films. Whatever films he makes, I feel that he should quit and give it to me for directing."
'Lootera' is a romantic period film set in the 1950s, starring Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh. It hits theatres July 5. Motwane had earlier directed the 2010 critically acclaimed film 'Udaan'.
Kashyap, who is himself a known name in the field of filmmaking, admits this is the best time for Indian cinema as people today are not scared of new and offbeat films and ideas.
"Since last two years I feel we are moving in a very good direction. Our audience, our cinema... everything is going in a direction where people are not scared of a new kind of script," Kashyap said.
"Every new idea and script is getting a chance. Every kind of film is being made and such films are even working," he added.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- SRK Joins Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra On The Sets of Ittefaq
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar