IAF helicopter crashes in Jammu, 8 injured
Eight defence personnel were injured when an IAF helicopter crashed soon after taking off from the Jammu airport.
Jammu: Eight defence personnel, including three crew members, were injured when an IAF helicopter crashed soon after taking off from the Jammu airport on Tuesday morning.
The Mi-26 chopper carrying defence personnel took off from the technical airport at Satwari and crashed within minutes of take off at 0950 hrs, Defence Spokesperson Lt Col Viplov Nath said.
He said eight defence personnel, including crew members, were injured and have been rushed to the Military Hospital at Satwari.
The cause of the mishap is yet to be ascertained.
The airport has been closed for two hours for clearing operations.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Handed Him the Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone